Jan 17, 2021

Select Page

News from all over the USA

Post image

If you received unemployment benefits you could owe taxes

By Mike Jimenez
  • “The form 1099-G will have that breakdown, how much you received in unemployment benefits, and if any federal withholding occurred,” said Feliz Garcia, a tax professional with Happy RGV .
  • Unemployment benefits are taxable income and if you did not withhold money from each check, then you'll owe about 10 percent when you file.
Read more >