- Olivia Kieffer and Ham both had 19 points to pace the Lady Comets, while Swarthout finished with 18 points and Sarah Burkhalter added 11 points.
- Olivia Kieffer was the tournament MVP, while Ham and Savannah Armendariz were on the all-tournament team for the Lady Comets.
News from all over the USA
- Rapid City fended off two penalties in the period, clearing the puck three times after Shawn Boutin was nabbed for interference, and leaving the final 17 seconds of a slashing infraction on Drew Callin for the final frame.
- The Oilers were called for interference with 13:33 remaining in the middle frame to hand the Rush their second power play, but they failed to convert.
The St. Thomas More girls' basketball team, ranked first in Class A, earned its second win against another top-ranked team in two weeks, stopping Corsica-Stickney 50-27 in the Hanson Classic in Mitchell Saturday night. […]Read more >
- "I thought our defense did a decent job tonight, other than we didn't guard the 3-point line very well," Dave Hollenbeck said.
- Rapid City Christian head coach Kyle Courtney said he was pleased with his team in those first three quarters, as they did what they wanted to do.
- The Yellow Jackets started out the game strong going up 4-0 early before Western Colorado was able to take the lead and hold on to it through much of the first half.
- Coming out of the half the Yellow Jackets started making their come back outscoring the Mountaineers 17-11 to cut the lead the Mountaineers lead to one at the end of the third.