- Members of the jury will be temperature checked when they arrive and will be required to wear masks at all times in the courthouse, according to a video released by the courts outlining the new safety precautions .
- The Utah court system had previously planned to hold some jury trials with extra safety precautions at the end of last month but called off those plans in light of high positivity rates of COVID-19, the Deseret News reported.
News from all over the USA
- The B.1.1.7 variant, which was first found in the United Kingdom, was discovered in his case through ongoing genetic sequencing of positive COVID-19 samples by the Utah Public Health Laboratory.
- The so-called “UK variant” of COVID-19 — a fast-moving and more contagious version of the coronavirus — has arrived in Utah, the state health department said Friday.
- Toward that goal, we gathered a group of women personally affected by abortion or contraception policies who were willing to share their stories, and we asked individual lawmakers to meet with small groups of women to hear their experiences.
- But legislators aren’t hearing much from women and families with personal experiences that were made easier or more difficult depending on the reproductive health policies in effect when they needed them.