- Sen. Antoinette Sedillo-Lopez, D-Albuquerque, one of the sponsors of the bill, said it will help ensure New Mexico complies with federal language-access laws.
- The money is aimed at helping state agencies asses whether they need to implement departmental language access plans to ensure people with limited English skills can access their services.
News from all over | Updated hourly
- Several Anacostia High School teachers and staff held an impromptu work stoppage Friday in a push to get D.C. Public Schools officials to address safety concerns around the building that they felt had been neglected.
- A D.C. police report confirmed that apparent gunfire damaged a beige metal door and shattered glass at Anacostia High School on Wednesday evening.
- Vice-President Cristina Fernández de Kirchner made another explosive intervention into domestic politics last Tuesday, as he spoke of "Macri’s pandemic" in reference to the agreement which ex-president Mauricio Macri signed with the International Monetary Fund (IMF), assuring that "it cost the national state even more than the Covid-19 pandemic."
- Under the subheading "Macri’s pandemic," Fernández de Kirchner pointed out in her letter that in 2021 the country "paid (between capital and interest) US$5.16 billion to the IMF for that year corresponding to the loan" granted in 2018, remarking: "That sum represents nothing more or less than 1.1 percent of GDP...
- Despite missing the Ravens’ final two games with a foot injury, Oweh finished the season with 49 quarterback pressures, according to PFF, the most among rookie edge rushers.
- Stats: 15 games (two starts), five sacks, three forced fumbles, 33 tackles (five for loss), 15 quarterback hits, one pass defended, four penalties (two roughing the passer, one offside, one neutral-zone infraction); graded out as PFF’s No. 4 edge rusher among 12 qualifying rookies
After a record-setting week of COVID-19 cases among Indiana's schoolchildren, some schools are ending their contact tracing protocols with the blessing of the Indiana Department of Health. The health department said Friday it is trying to ease the reporting burden on schools as they contend with the latest surge. […]Read more >Similar articles >
Chipmaker Intel said Friday it will invest $20 billion to build a new factory in Ohio, an attempt to help alleviate a global shortage of chips powering everything from phones to cars to home appliances while also signaling the giant company’s commitment to manufacturing crucial technology products in the U. […]Read more >Similar articles >
Mission: Impossible 8,” previously set for July 2023, will instead open June 28, 2024. It's the latest setback for a pair of blockbusters that have been much-delayed by the pandemic. Shooting on “Mission: Impossible 7" was put on hiatus in early 2020 because of COVID-19. […]Read more >Similar articles >
Growing up in West Philly, I passed through Temple’s campus every day as I rode the Broad Street subway to Central High School. Before that, I was one of the lucky few teenagers who attended summer school classes at Temple’s law school as part of the late Sam Evans’ AFNA ( American Foundation for Negro Affairs) program. […]Read more >Similar articles >
With more than 70 events planned over a 10-day stretch, Kalamazoo Craft Beverage Week will get off to a frothy start later this month. Festivities will begin at 5 p.m. Friday, Jan. 28, with the first official keg tapping of the annual celebration of Kalamazoo’s craft beverage industry, […]Read more >Similar articles >
Live” comics Colin Jost and Pete Davidson have purchased a decommissioned Staten Island Ferry boat for $280,100 with plans to turn it into New York’s hottest club. Jost and Davidson teamed up with comedy club owner Paul Italia on Wednesday’s winning bid for the John F. […]Read more >Similar articles >
Viral Instagram post: "Blue Cross Blue Shield pays your doctor a $40,000 bonus for fully vaccinating at least 100 patients under the age of two." PolitiFact's ruling: False Here's why: Misleading claims that Blue Cross Blue Shield is paying doctors to meet child vaccination quotas have been spreading across social media. […]Read more >Similar articles >
New Jersey has announced plans to use $1 billion in federal funds to begin upgrading the state’s drinking and waste water infrastructure over the next five years. State officials said this plan will aim to fix water issues that have plagued some communities throughout the state, […]Read more >Similar articles >
Chipmaker Intel detailed plans for its new Ohio factories Thursday night, announcing that it plans to spend $20 billion to build two plants in a suburb of Columbus called New Albany. Intel, seeking political goodwill as it vies for a share of $52 billion in potential federal subsidies for the domestic chip industry, […]Read more >Similar articles >
Michelle Lujan Grisham outlined Friday provisions of a legislative proposal to expand tuition-free public college to more students from New Mexico. The governor is backing a bill that would combine and increase state scholarship funding to cover all tuition and fees for in-state college students who maintain a C-plus grade point average. […]Read more >Similar articles >
Portland metro Friday traffic: Rockfall repairs require extended closure of NW Bridge Ave near St. Johns
An early January rockfall that closed Northwest Bridge Avenue on the east side of the St. Johns Bridge may keep it closed into March or April, according to the Oregon Department of Transportation. The rockfall happened during an extremely rainy period and made the hillside too unstable to reopen the road to traffic. […]Read more >Similar articles >
On Monday of this week, we saw a flood of social media posts quoting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. On Wednesday, the U.S. Senate failed to lift a finger to address voter aggression laws like the ones that Florida’s Legislature passed last year – laws that disproportionally impact minority communities and disenfranchise poor people. […]Read more >Similar articles >
The report released Thursday details how Arnold Jablon, a former Baltimore County permits director, helped a developer avoid paying an estimated millions in fees to build the Metro Centre at Owings Mills — possibly in return for access to basketball tickets and free parking. […]Read more >Similar articles >
The Portland Trail Blazers will have Nassir Little in the starting lineup Friday night at Boston after losing him to a knee injury early on in the team’s loss Wednesday at Miami. Blazers coach Chauncey Billups said before the game that Little was working through his right knee issues before the game. […]Read more >Similar articles >
Of course, insurance companies need to cover the costs when patients are transferred to an out-of-network hospital; any reasonable person would expect that. But the bigger question is this: Why don’t all insurance companies cover all hospitals and providers all of the time? […]Read more >Similar articles >